Frequently Asked Questions
01. What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygenation Treatment is a non-invasive method that involves breathing high concentrations of oxygen in a pressurized hyperbaric chamber. The increased availability of oxygen in the blood reaches the affected tissues. This triggers different physiological effects beneficial to the body. The hyperbaric chamber is used to improve the symptoms of pathologies that occur with hypoxia or lack of oxygen. It is a treatment that the doctor uses along with other tools. The hyperbaric chamber does not cure, but it does accelerate the recovery processes.
02. How is a session in the Hyperbaric Chamber?
03. For which specialties is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy applied?
04. What are the health benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygenation Treatment?
05. How is oxygen absorbed during Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
06. Are there any risks of toxicity from oxygen excess?
07. Do you feel any discomfort inside the Hyperbaric Chamber?
08. What happens if I am claustrophobic?
09. Can you enter the Hyperbaric Chamber accompanied?
10. How do I enter the Hyperbaric Chamber if I have reduced mobility?