February 28, 2020
BioBarica opened the doors of a new care center in the Lasmed Clinic, in Santo Domingo. The headquarters is located in the 3rd floor of the Acrópolis Center, Winston Churchill avenue.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a non-invasive method that consists of supplying high concentrations of oxygen in a pressurized hyperbaric chamber at a minimum of 1.4 ATM atmospheres (higher than the normal ambient atmospheric pressure of 1 atmosphere). Thus, the person receives higher doses of oxygen. This gas is transported to the blood and manages to reach even damaged tissues. For this reason, it accelerates the recovery of different pathologies.
Its main effects are:
- Decreases inflammation and pain
- Prevents and treats infections
- Accelerates injury recovery
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns
- Complements neurological rehabilitation
- Improves life quality
Medical professionals indicate HBOT to treat the following pathologies
- Internal medicine: fibromyalgia, migraines, tinnitus, sudden deafness, chronic fatigue. In tinnitus and sudden deafness, because the oxygen supply deflates the inner ear. In fibromyalgia: the effects on neurotransmitters and their anti-inflammatory action reduce the pain caused by this disease.
- Wounds: ulcers, diabetic foot, bedsores, burns, grafts, post-surgical wounds. It helps to heal.
- Traumatology: joint and ligament diseases, pre and post surgical, trauma, injuries, rehabilitation, osteomyelitis.
- Sports medicine: muscle, ligament, tendon injuries. Subacute and chronic fatigue syndrome, post-exercise recovery.
- Neurology: ACV, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, spinal cord injuries. And also Parkinson’s, since it significantly reduces the symptoms of the disease by redistributing blood flow at the level of the central nervous system and stimulating nerve tissue repair.
- Child neurology: cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum, TGD, headaches.
- Rheumatology: arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, vasculitis, scleroderma due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Oncology: radiation therapy injuries, tumors.
- Rehabilitation: post-stroke, injuries with brain damage, muscle injuries, osteoarticular, post-surgical and trauma. Rehabilitation of neurological patients: Parkinson, Alzheimer’s.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is not a cure, but a complementary treatment that accelerates recovery times and relieves certain symptoms in some pathologies.